Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ch. 48 Big Changes

Chapter 48: Big Changes.

            “I will go and do” seems to be the words just running through my mind over and over these last couple days. Saturday night I received the call that I would be leaving Castellón—my investigators, my family (away from family), my home. I never imagined before leaving on a mission how hard it could be to say goodbye to an area. I´ve been a wreck to put it lightly. Haha I really tried to enjoy my last week in Castellón. We worked harder than we ever had, and we saw so many great things that are going to be a blessing for the Hermana who takes my place. We took Cathy and Tony to a cita with us with a Romanian family at the beginning of the week. It was a little bit sketchy since they were very religious, and we were trying to be kind of careful with Cathy, but I think it was ok. Tony is so strong now that any doubt that either of them have, they seem to be able to resolve them quite quickly. Anyway, we took them to this family and it was so sweet. It was the poorest living conditions that I have ever seen in Spain. In fact, it was kind of scary.  And although Cathy and Tony are struggling to make ends meet themselves, Cathy offered to have the family come and take showers in their shower and have an authentic Romanian meal. I was so touched by the charity that they have developed and shown to the people we teach. Not only is it with these investigators, but also with the members. Cathy is especially reaching out to others and helping them feel loved. A mom had a missionary who had to have surgery and Cathy just gave her a hug and said they would pray for her every night. Tony is studying like crazy and has made the goal to read the Book of Mormon before he is baptized. He is currently in the middle of Alma and isn´t just reading it to read it, but to understand it as well. He is truly changing. I think that is why it has been so hard to leave them, but I am going to do everything I can to see them in the temple one day. I know they will make it there. Another sweet experience that we had was the Relief Society President made me my last meal in Castellón and invited my recent converts. I was so surprised by the power of their conversion—especially Algaice. She said, “Without a doubt, I know we are in the true church. I feel it every time I go to church. I just know it.” I couldn´t help the tears that flowed when I heard their testimonies. I love Castellón. My last Sunday, we saw a miracle with a family that we have been working with almost my entire time in Castellón. They have always received missionaries, but they have never really investigated the church and put in their effort. We have really been focusing on reading the Book of Mormon, and it was like magic. I don´t know what happened, but something clicked, and the entire family came to church! Husane is also going to be baptized in the upcoming weeks and is down to 5 cigarettes every day. I simply have left my heart in Castellón. I thought it was soo cheesey when I heard once that you should love the people so much that the very street in your area should become sacred to you, but it definitely has. Now it is time to move on to new adventures and new experiences in Vila Franca—a pubelo outside of Barcelona. (However, it isn´t in the Barcelona Zone). I was really surprised that I would come back up to the Barce area, but I guess it is where the Lord needed me now. Sometimes we don´t understand the ways of the Lord until we look back and look for His hand, but I know he is here with me right now while I am struggling with the changes like I always do in the mission.  Please pray for me, because I know the next couple weeks will be really hard on me. I really love you all! My heart is a little broken, but with God, I know we can over come everything. Les Quiero!
Hermana Hopkins 

 48 

No comments:

Post a Comment